Power Wheel Demo Rules
Maximum 25 Participants per class
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ENTRIES FOR FOR THE
2017 WASHINGTON COUNTY FAIR POWER WHEEL DERBY
ALL SPACES HAVE BEEN FILLED
1. Any regular electric Power Wheel is allowed. NO ATV (3-wheeler) or tractor type vehicle allowed.
Child’s legs must be in the compartment. Ride in not ride on! (If no doors, we will ask you to cover with duct tape.)
2. Kids 3-8 years of age may participate. There are two age groups 3-5 and 6-8.
3. Helmets must be worn. A bicycle helmet is ok.
4. Seatbelts are recommended.
5. NO PASSENGERS
6. Derby is limited to 6 or 12-volt power wheel only.
7. Motors must remain stock. *Batteries may be changed out, but NOTHING larger than a 12-volt lawn and garden battery.
ABSOLUTELY NO CAR BATTERIES.
8. All doors and tailgates must be strapped shut. No sharp edges.
Use zip ties or duct tape or other flexible product for making them stay shut.
9. Stock Tires Only. Tires may be covered with duct tape to prevent them from cracking or breaking. No screws in tires, no chains, etc…
10. Decorative changes can be made to the Power Wheel to make it look like a derby car, however; there can be no reinforcement to
the power wheel. Changes and additions are only decorative.
11. At all times remember this is for kids!! Don’t add something that could cause them not to be in the derby.
You could have a disappointed child if not allowed to run.
12. Everyone must pre-enter because every child will receive something.
13. ONE free adult admission with each entry.
14. All power wheels will be checked in at pit gate then impounded until time for their event.
15. One parent will be allowed on the track with their child during the event.
16. 2 large balloons will be attached by fair. The object is to pop balloons. The last one left with a balloon is the winner.
17. Each heat will be given a time limit. If at the end of the heat, there is more than one contestant with balloons un-popped,
heat will be declared a tie.
18. If a child gets out of the power wheel during the event, that child is out of the event.
Parents, this is for fun … don’t forget that. Teach your kids good sportsmanship!
Questions??? Contact Ida Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org
AUGUST 20 - 26, 2018